Sunday, May 5, 2013

Let's stay fit and healthy ^_^



When I was joining the Local Conference of AIESEC UI, there was one section which made me realize what I like to do in life. I actually can’t remember what the name of the section; all I can remember is only what it was all about. It was about how we find to know what we really like to do in life, which is passion. I have my personal definition of what passion is. It is the thing we’re happy in doing though people never look and praise your skill at it. Well I think that is a comprehensive definition since I always refer to it every time I do something that I think I like. However, something that you like is not literally your passion. You have to consider some stuffs like whether you do it in a regular time (spend a lot of time doing it), you’re happy in doing it, or you care of what people think about your skill at it. People who are really passionate in something really don’t care if people think that we can’t do it but we keep doing it.
In the section, they wanted us to close our eyes and thought about the things I mentioned above. It opened my mind and I suddenly got the answer for what I really like to do. The answer is sport. Well actually I’m not a sport addict or kind of doing nothing but sport, but I’m type of person who really feels like sport is a must-do thing and I really enjoy doing sport, whatever kind of sport it is. When I workout, I feel like all the energy comes to me and lifts my body up. Honestly I’m not good at all sports. The ones that I like most are weight-lifting exercise, running, badminton, and yoga. When you do them, you’ll be sweating like crazy. You burn a lot of calories stored inside your body. I spend time doing sports 2-3 times a week. However, I have weight-lifting exercise with 3kg dumbbell on a daily basis at home. Sometimes I go to the gym and have exercise there like yoga, running, and many other things. I am happy every time I push myself up for sports.
Anyway, have you ever thought about the benefits of doing sport? Besides you get a good body shape and become healthy, it also helps you out from your stressful life condition. It refreshes your mind and balances your thought. There would be some negative consequences of it if you do it excessively. You might be so tired and eventually you’re not aroused to do your activities. However, it won’t be a serious matter if you can fulfill the needs of your body by eating a lot of healthy foods and beverages. I prevent myself from eating a lot of fried stuffs, soft drink, fast food, and meat. I can say that my body is 100% free from soft drink, but not for fried stuffs and meat. I eat them but not so often. I supplement my body with milk and fruits as well.
I just can’t understand why people don’t work out. It might be either too lazy or they still don’t realize the importance of it. But it’s more likely that people are too lazy because I’m sure that most people understand that workout and eat healthy foods are quite important. And now, the question is would you let your laziness keep conquering yourself for something you might have done that make you stay healthy and fit? Trust me, you’ll feel like the healthiest person ever in the world if you do workout and eat healthy foods.  

No comments:

Post a Comment